Our vision is to bring awareness of Jainism to the Western world, to provide facilities, resources and services to Jains and wider community.
To realise this vision fully, we acquired a substantial property in 2010 for the development of Jain Centre London which is situated in Colindale, North West London, is well connected by major roads and public transport and is within easy reach from central London.
Jain Centre is already well established in Colindale but is soon to be redeveloped into a magnificent new building – a 30,000 sqft centre with community facilities and temple which we plan to open in 2022.
This will include a magnificent intricately carved white marble temple, place of worship and study for all major Jain traditions, a Multi-faith centre, a community centre, conference rooms and a large hall and other necessary infrastructure facilities.
This monumental Centre, with a development cost of £8 million, will belong to all Jains of the world and we invite everyone to take this meritorious opportunity to support the project and bring a lasting legacy to sustain the core values of Jainism for our future generations and disseminate teachings of Bhagwan Mahavir for the benefit of all.
We also invite wider communities to support this unique development and its mission.
- The present building underwent interim refurbishment to provide spiritual and cultural activities; houses a temple, auditorium, educational wing and other community facilities
- At present we provide a range of educational, health & well being, cultural and spiritual activities, yoga sessions and space for local communities and organisations
- We will organise multi-faith activities to promote peace, prosperity, cohesion and harmony
- We participate in interfaith activities with Central and Local Government and support educational and wider community activities
- We are situated in the heart of Colindale within one of the fastest growing new development area with 10,500 new houses, new Barnet Council Offices and businesses including RAF Museum, Barnet & South gate College and Middlesex University
- Our Chairman, Dr Natubhai Shah serves as a trustee within Colindale Development Trust. We are engaged in creating rapport with local community, organisations, Barnet Council and High Commission of India
- A steering group has been developed to help us to work more closely with the local community and develop the use of the Centre for them. This group includes senior directors of local organisations including Colindale Community Trust, RAF Museum, Barnet & South gate College, Barnet CommUNITY and Local Councillors and Trustees of Jain Network